Some faves from the past few days:
- Absolutely incredible NYT correction (via Gothamist):
Some of my favorite things on the interwebs this week:
- If you saw last week’s Parks & Rec, you’ll love TomHaverfoods.com
- This photo of tulip fields in the Netherlands is just too too beautiful (via That Andy Cohen)
- From XKCD, it’s a movie guide to making other people feel old. It also made me feel old… le sigh.
- Speaking of feeling old, I have my 10 year high school this weekend. I LOVE going back to Baldwin.
- Finally, Kelly is getting married, so here’s a special pre-wedding message to her:
Life is rough when your work bestie moves to London without you. It’s a bit tougher when your work bestie is a real life bestie. However, in some thoughtful final moments pre-departure, @KaitlynWilkins decided to remind me and the whole world what a free loader she is via an amazing photo series.
Background: when KW got bangs, her hair became a bit higher maintenance, and rather than use her own hairbrush, she would just borrow the one I keep at my desk.
Photo 1: No caption - simply an intro to #workbrush's adventures (@PeterLamotte is uncredited)
"The adventure continues! @unterekless ' brush visits the MINI dealership to get an oil change." (Note from Karen: everyone knows that #workbrush prefers Fords)
@unterekless "Good morning, good morning!" (Note from Karen: this is our office doorman - I still don't know his name)
@unterekless "can you find me in this pic? Doing lunch w @kaitlynwilkins and @AWElliott!1"
@unterekless have you used your Flex Spending yet? Getting my eyes checked! #workbrush
@unterekless even robot hair needs brushing! #thumbsup #workbrush
Here are some things that I’ve found interesting of late:
- The Dancers Among Us photo project is just incredible. Too many amazing photos to go through on this blog so ALL of you should click over and check it out.
- Attention road warriors, this one’s for you: Carpets for Airports. A fantastic collection of the best of ugly airport carpets around the world. (HT @KaitlynWilkins)
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” on the ukulele from TED. Amazing.
- I often share information from my favorite car company, but am really excited to follow what BMW is doing with their Activate the Future documentary series. Four films will be coming out in February about the future of mobility; not only does the content look like it will be really really interesting, but it’s a very clever exercise in marketing and positioning.
- These haunting images of Detroit made their way around the web and I saw them a few times in a few places. Objectively, the photos are stunningly composed and tell a sad sad story. As someone who goes to southeast Michigan pretty regularly, I think these pictures tell an incomplete story though so for anyone who watches Dateline or sees these photos and thinks Detroit is basically a U.S. Sarajevo, you’re wrong.
Not to stifle this woman’s creativity, but I’m pretty creeped out by the whole “dressing up her baby like Stalin” thing. Still better than the Anne Geddes-babies-in-cabbage-leaves thing…
Via The Daily What
Too bad it’s another year until my birthday or I would have asked for this framed.
Via Stolen Camera