Tag Archives: I need new friends
Goodbye to @KaitlynWilkins, thoughts on truffle oil, Brazilian car commercials, you know… the usual…
Quickie round up of things I’ve enjoyed this week:
- My dearest Kaitlyn is moving to London which means I’m officially down a best friend AND my #workbrush will not be going on very many fun adventures. (FYI, KW, have decided when I have some down time, I’m going to re-post the full adventures of my #workbrush here). Anyway, we made her a tribute video. I summarize our entire relationship at 3:00.
- Amanda Hesser explains why Google SEO is helping to produce lazier home cooks.
- Nissan mocks Ford in a Brazilian commercial that should be a lesson to all US ad agencies on how to get people to stop fast forwarding. (HT Susannah – who is still not reading my blog for Lent)
- Serious Eats is giving truffle oil a thumbs down and after reading it, it looks like I’ll have to switch to truffle butter for my ridiculous indulgences.
- It’s the Real Househusbands of Philadelphia. I have no words and I’m still recovering from the accent.
- This feature in the New Yorker about the conspiracy around a Guatemalan murder is fascinating. Please read.
- Baseball season is back and the Yankees have already had their first three games against the Red Sox. I only watched one of them and it turns out I made the right choice. Anyway, it’s tough to choose between Baldwin and Krasinski, but I think I made the right call. (Hat tip: Married Brother)
- I’m obsessed with The Awl’s detailed analyses of Jacob Lusk, American Idol contestant’s, performances. This week, Jacob sang “Man in the Mirror,” so basically he’s on the fast track to winning my love. Performance and analysis are at link.
everyone needs stepping stone friends
Liz: very true
i thought that’s all you would be
then i got stuck
me: EXCUSE ME?
Liz: that’s right
me: i’m the best thing that ever happened to you
Liz: i thought we could ride the bus
make each other feel comfortable at lunch
and go our separate ways
me: and then i got a car and you didn’t…
and you needed a ride…
you kept the perks coming
me: and so my Ford Explorer brought us together
i was only friends w/ you b/c i was trying to up my badass quotient
like when i would sit in detention w/ you even though i didn’t have detention
Liz: i don’t remember that
Mike and I had an interesting exchange today:
me: do you know downtown san francisco at all?
bush and grant?
is that an insane intersection?
Mike: don’t know the town at all
me: ugh fine
if you were really a west coaster, you’d be more helpful
all i’m saying
click on street view
if you really worked in web media you’d know about resources like google
it’s a great website
me: oh snap
Mike: i just realized why you never post our gmail chats on your blog
me: because i don’t want you to develop a reputation as verbally abusive?
Mike: because i’m rarely as clever as you
*This gchat as posted above may have been edited from the gchat that actually occurred…
My status message on gchat today read: “Not sure how I ended up on the National Pork Board’s listserve, but I’m kind of proud!” which prompted this exchange
Evan: you’ll never be accepted by a jewish mother-in-law now7:45 PM me: ha!touche!Evan: but i had a pork taco for dinnerand a cheeseburger for lunchso i can’t really talk
7:53 PM me: wait, you’re not the perfect jew?i’m so disillusioned!Evan: whoa, way to judge7:56 PM according to my jdate profile, i’m am most certainly the perfect jewme: well i’m sure that lie is the least of your worries on your jdate profile7:57 PM Evan: haha, i probably shouldn’t have mentioned my million dollar apartment so many times
Then later tonight, I received this email from the same King of JDate:
Things my jdate profile can say…
1. I eat pork, but I don’t date heffers…