1) Pants On/Pants Off
2) Not trying to be a heinous bitch BUT
3) Every status of hers makes me cringe
4) This happened
5) Ok so
6) I know i’m a bitch but
7) OMG Read Right Away!
8) ________ is CRAZIER
10) ________ LET ME BACK ON HER WALL!!!
The above post (including title) is the verbatim copy of an email Liz just sent me.
So basically, @AWElliott is very proud of his best dressed status and thinks that ties and monogrammed shirts are enough to seal the deal. Unfortunately, yesterday, he went tie-less and Blake upped his game resulting in the following slide sent around (by me):
Anyway, Kelly replied with an updated version:
To which, Drew replied with the following note:
First of all, I would never go to Front Page; that place is for people who find short-sleeve dress shirts acceptable — disgusting.
Second, everyone knows I go suit on the first date if it’s after work.
But not to be outdone, Ian had the following update.
Clearly, Ian is just jealous.
I LOVE AND MISS YOU, KAITLYN!!!!
Sharing my cable with Kaitlyn in London now means when I introduce her to new shows, we sit and gchat and I explain them. This is officially where Ian gets super creeped out.
The last week and a half or so has been pretty difficult for me and my family, but Married Brother emailed this link to us all on Tuesday night and I’ve found it a good reminder of the fact that even after hearing a lot of bad news, with strength, determination, and luck, the clouds can part and good things can happen.
As a sidenote, I always say I have the most wonderful family in the world — and I very much do — but I also have some pretty incredible (and extremely thoughtful) friends. So anyway, if you’re reading this and I know you (or even if I don’t), thank you for being supportive and kind to me and my family.
That’s because you got cut.
…when it comes to your close friends, you lose about half and replace them with new ones after about seven years, new social research suggests.
I’m officially launching the Unterekless Sophomore Year Challenge: so basically if we were friends sophomore year of college, you need to step up your game because 1 out of 2 of you are on your way out the door.
What Utrecht University really needs to study is why I’m now good friends with people I didn’t like sophomore year in college… will I be back where I was seven years ago, seven years from now?
I went back to Williams for the first time since graduation this weekend to help get started planning my 5th reunion in 2010! Whenever discussing college with people I’ve just met, they inevitably ask “did you like it?” and I find it such a difficult question to answer. Allow me to explain in bullet points:
- I grew up with Williams a part of my life — my father and uncle both attended — so not only did I have a stuffed purple, but I went to Williams/Amherst basketball games frequently.
- All three Williams songs (The Mountains, Yard by Yard, and Come Fill Your Glasses Up) were part of the family car trip singalong repertoire. Moreover, because my father holds no bias when it comes to music, we always sang the Amherst school song too. (In his defense, it is a good song, although I can’t find the lyrics anywhere).
- Married Brother went there and had an incredible time, but I went there and wasn’t so happy. I loved my high school and struggled to find a way to be myself and be happy/productive/successful at school.
- Despite being super involved at school, I looked at transferring and decided to study abroad for a full year instead.
- I came back and had a pretty decent senior year, but wasn’t that sad to say goodbye.
- Now, four years out, I realize that regardless of whether I was the happiest on campus, Williams has given me some of my best friends in the world.
- More indicative of what makes Williams special, some of my best friends I’ve made since leaving are Williams people who I wasn’t friends with while in college (and in some cases, didn’t like at all).
So with that said, how can I not like a place that seems to find the greatest people in the world? And I’m so excited to help make our reunion (June 11-13, 2010) the best ever. I may even pop up to spy on this year’s reunion! As Elena said (accidentally): “The ’05s are going DOWN!”*
*In her defense, who doesn’t get a little confused during drunken candlepin bowling in the Faculty Club basement?