Unterekless has come to a close. For musings from me, visit KU Says.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
This makes me wish I were back at Williams this fall. Sigh… growing up is harder than I thought.
Fun things discovered this week:
- SNL did a live action version of the Ambiguously Gay duo and Jon Hamm proves that he’s perfect even in tights…
- Great personality analysis based on what American Girl doll you owned. I had Molly (b/c my penpal’s name was Molly), and apparently: “As an adult, you’ve developed a carefully honed aptitude for sarcasm. You’ve gotten contacts, and a slightly edgy haircut. You still sort of want attention, but you deny it.”
- Some of my friends clearly don’t know me very well…
- I just adore NY Post headlines…
- My birthday is in 2.5 months so if you’re looking for a gift, may I recommend (via Neatorama):
- Kind of captivated by these images of athletic show rabbits:
- Australian comedians attempt to create an offline social network (via BuzzFeed):
Great women writers, incredible gamer/avatar comparison shots, summer movie posters, infographics, and more…
Some faves from the past few days:
- The unaired Tina Fey “Great Women Writers Throughout History” sketch is pretty awesome. The fact that the line “Agatha Christie? I’ll tell you ‘whodunit?’ – NOBODY!” never went on television is heartbreaking.
- A photographer compiled these comparison shots of gamers with their avatars. The similarities and differences are equally fascinating.
- Very helpful infographic from Fast Company informs you where to live to avoid natural disasters.
- You’ve already seen it at this point, but the Shit My Students Write tumblr is even more amusing than Ellie just sharing notes her kids email to her with me.
- Summer movie posters redone to be a bit more honest. Here’s Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II:
- Absolutely incredible NYT correction (via Gothamist):
1) Pants On/Pants Off
2) Not trying to be a heinous bitch BUT
3) Every status of hers makes me cringe
4) This happened
5) Ok so
6) I know i’m a bitch but
7) OMG Read Right Away!
8) ________ is CRAZIER
10) ________ LET ME BACK ON HER WALL!!!
The above post (including title) is the verbatim copy of an email Liz just sent me.
Some of my favorite things on the interwebs this week:
- NYMag put together a list of 100 thoughts on 30 Rock in honor of its 100th episode. Of course Alec Baldwin is wearing a tuxedo after 6… what is he, a farmer?
- People who collect Barbies look EXACTLY like the people I would guess collect Barbies.
- Casa Nonna (my fave regular spot in DC) released the recipe for its meatball panini. Yum!
- Friendster is dying and Gawker collected some all-star stories.
- If you saw last week’s Parks & Rec, you’ll love TomHaverfoods.com
- This photo of tulip fields in the Netherlands is just too too beautiful (via That Andy Cohen)
- From XKCD, it’s a movie guide to making other people feel old. It also made me feel old… le sigh.
- Speaking of feeling old, I have my 10 year high school this weekend. I LOVE going back to Baldwin.
- Finally, Kelly is getting married, so here’s a special pre-wedding message to her: