Quickie round up of things I’ve enjoyed this week:
- My dearest Kaitlyn is moving to London which means I’m officially down a best friend AND my #workbrush will not be going on very many fun adventures. (FYI, KW, have decided when I have some down time, I’m going to re-post the full adventures of my #workbrush here). Anyway, we made her a tribute video. I summarize our entire relationship at 3:00.
- Amanda Hesser explains why Google SEO is helping to produce lazier home cooks.
- Nissan mocks Ford in a Brazilian commercial that should be a lesson to all US ad agencies on how to get people to stop fast forwarding. (HT Susannah – who is still not reading my blog for Lent)
- Serious Eats is giving truffle oil a thumbs down and after reading it, it looks like I’ll have to switch to truffle butter for my ridiculous indulgences.
- It’s the Real Househusbands of Philadelphia. I have no words and I’m still recovering from the accent.
- This feature in the New Yorker about the conspiracy around a Guatemalan murder is fascinating. Please read.
- Baseball season is back and the Yankees have already had their first three games against the Red Sox. I only watched one of them and it turns out I made the right choice. Anyway, it’s tough to choose between Baldwin and Krasinski, but I think I made the right call. (Hat tip: Married Brother)
- I’m obsessed with The Awl’s detailed analyses of Jacob Lusk, American Idol contestant’s, performances. This week, Jacob sang “Man in the Mirror,” so basically he’s on the fast track to winning my love. Performance and analysis are at link.