Meet your first Unterekkie winner of 2009:
Eric wins for:
- Suggesting Japanarama Mondays
- Encouraging me to be more sensitive to other cultures
- Submitting links of consistent and varied quality — most of this year’s Britain’s Got Talent came from Eric
- Having great taste in food and bad taste in television (consistent with the entire essence of Unterekless-ness)
- Promising to take me and Elena to Restaurant Wars when Top Chef films in DC
- Being my friend now even though we were NOT friends in college
The path to an Unterekkie is long, arduous, and highly subjective. Think about that as you go for your own Unterekkie this year.
Future Unterekkies will be awarded definitely in December and potentially before then if I feel like it.